Divorce Attorney For Men In Texas
Mens Divorce Law Firm In Texas
Divorce is all about the separation of your life from the life of your spouse. This separation impacts your finances and even your relationship with your children. Even if the spouses are separating amicably the divorce process will still be complex. But an experienced divorce lawyer for men in Austin can make the whole process easier even if it is:
- An uncontested divorce
- LGBT Divorce
- Military divorce
- International divorce
Your lawyers’ main goal is to create a strategy that will increase your chances of getting an order that is favorable to you and your children.
How Divorce Lawyers For Men Can Help You?
Fathers’ Rights Divorce Lawyer In Austin
Many men complain that they are often stereotyped and disregarded in divorce cases, which often causes judges to issue orders that put men at a disadvantage. Women are often favored in the court system especially when it involves child support and asset division during divorce.
An experienced divorce lawyer can guide you through the divorce process, ensure that your rights with your children are protected, and protect your financial interest.
Divorce Attorneys In Austin, Texas
What Every Man Getting A Divorce In Texas Should Know
Since Texas is a community property estate, it is expected that during a divorce the marital assets will be divided between the husband and the wife. Debts that accumulated during the marriage must also be divided among the spouses. But community property is the property or assets that were acquired during the marriage.
The assets that the two spouses brought into the marriage are considered separate property. Assets that are acquired during the marriage are called a community property. There is a likelihood of a conflict to emerge when the spouses disagree on what is community property and what is not.
What Fathers That Want Full Custody Should Know
Advice From A Men’s Divorce Lawyer
Either the mother or the father can be awarded full custody of the children in Texas. Courts will consider the following factors before awarding a father full custody:
- Whether the father has the necessary mental, emotional and physical condition to support a child
- Whether the father is willing to put the needs of the child first including having a relationship with your child that serves your child’s best interests
- Whether the father spends an adequate amount of time with their children
Useful Tips For Men Going Through A Divorce
Texas Father Rights Lawyers
While there is nothing in Texas law that gives women an advantage over men regarding custody, the way a man is perceived could negatively impact their case in court. You can prevent this by doing the following:
- Stay home: Your spouse can’t evict you out of the home just because you are getting divorced. So, as long as the environment in your home is not extremely hostile, stay in the home with your children.
- Prevent confrontations: Divorce is often emotional, which means heated arguments are very likely to occur. But if you get into a heated argument, especially in the initial stage of the divorce, the police may come and arrest you. Any arrest may mean you will have a harder time getting custody.
- Compile documents: Gather documents like social security numbers, financials, tax returns, and more, your lawyer will use these documents when preparing your case.
Find Austin Divorce Lawyers For Men Near Me
Austin Divorce Lawyer For Men FAQ
What is a wife entitled to in a divorce in Austin, TX?
The answer is that in a Texas divorce, women have the same rights as men do. Both parties are held to the same standards and guidelines established by Texas courts, regardless of whether spousal support is granted or the equitable division of marital property (also known as community property).
Is alimony required in TX?
Spousal support is not required in Texas, The court will check to see if the circumstance satisfies the guidelines set forth by Texas law in a divorce case where one spouse is requesting spousal support.